ASU members at ports throughout the country overwhelmingly endorsed our claim for Jetstar EBA 6. The claim was developed after extensive consultation with our members and other staff at Jetstar through surveys and feedback from delegates. Today our claim will be served on Jetstar management.
What is endorsed?
The Claim is a comprehensive set of issues that reflect the significant contribution that ASU members make to every aspect of Jetstar's operation. Some of the claims are:
- 4% pay rise per annum.
- Increase the company superannuation contribution to 12%.
- Ensure the job security of Jetstar employees by providing that contractors are paid the same rates and conditions.
- Ensure the job security of Jetstar employees by providing for consultation and agreement about the use of temporary, casual and fixed term employees.
- Provide for conversion for part-time workers to full-time.
- Provide for the establishment of a rostering committee in each location.
The National Negotiating Team (NNT) is meeting with Jetstar management on 8th September 2017 to commence negotiations. Our NNT is from a cross section of locations.
Our NNT are: see the attached bulletin below
They will also be assisting with providing updates on how negotiations are progressing. Watch out for our regular bulletins on progress which will also be available on our website.
Need more information?
Now is the time for non ASU members to join the ASU so you can be represented by our experienced team.
You can join online now at our secure form: www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
You have any questions about any of the above, contact your local organiser (download the full bulletin below for details)