National Conference is the supreme policy making body of the ASU. It meets biennially (once every two years).
Branches send delegates to National Conference according to a formula based on number of members in each Branch. National elected officers are also delegates to National Conference with one vote each.
All National Conference meetings are recorded in the calendar, along with the city in which they are to take place. The next meeting will be held in 2016.
If you have any queries about National Conference, please contact the National Office.
National Conference online resources
- 2016: Tweed Heads, NSW - 16-18 November
- 2014: Melbourne, Victoria - 17-19 November
- 2012: Adelaide, South Australia - 26-28 November
National Conference meetings since amalgamation in 1993
National Conference meetings were annual from 1993 to 1996 and biennial thereafter.
- 2016: Tweed Heads, NSW, Twin Towns Services Club
- 2014: Melbourne, ME Bank Centre
- 2012: Adelaide, National Wine Centre of Australia
- 2010: Brisbane, Brisbane Convention Centre
- 2008: Melbourne, Melbourne Convention Centre
- 2006: Sydney, Sydney Masonic Centre
- 2004: Sydney, Dockside, Sydney Harbour
- 2002: Canberra, Rydges Capital Hill
- 2000: Gold Coast, Legends Hotel
- 1998: Adelaide, Adelaide Reception Centre
- 1996: Hobart, Wrest Point Hotel
- 1995: Canberra, Rydges Hotel
- 1994: Wollongong, Novotel Northbeach
- 1993: Gold Coast, Ramada Hotel
The ASU National Conference as at November 2014 (note: some members were not present and members vary over time).