Industries left menu
The ASU operates in various industries under the auspices of an internal body known as an Industry Division or an Industry Committee. If you want to know what is happening in your ASU industry, follow the links to your industry's home page (use the "Industries" menu above).
The ASU is active in the following broad industry groupings (click on the industry heading to visit it's webpage). Greater detail can be found on our ASU Coverage page:
- All local councils, including shires, cities and county councils. Also statutory authorities, trust boards and commissions, eg. state roads authorities, cemetery trusts, etc.
Read more about the ASU in local government »
- Includes employees of both domestic and international airlines, air freight companies, airport workers, ground handlers, etc.
Read more about the ASU in airlines »
- Includes employees in urban and regional water authorities, retail energy companies, generators, etc.
Read more about the ASU in energy & water »
- Includes workers in the disability sector, employment services, aid agencies, legal services, etc.
Read more about the ASU in social & community services »
- Customer service and call centre operators at in-house and contract call centres.
Read more about the ASU in call centres »
- Includes business equipment technicians and info tech workers, etc.
Read more about the ASU in info tech & business equipment »
- Workers in transport authorities including rail, bus and ferries, clerks working in shipping and ports.
Read more about the ASU in transport, ports & shipping »
- Includes employees working as travel agents, travel wholesalers and in the travel industry generally.
Read more about the ASU in travel »
- Employees in the private sector performing clerical and administrative work (please note, other C&A employees are covered by industry groupings above).
Read more about the ASU in private sector clerical & admin »
Further details about ASU coverage in these industries can be found on the industry home page or visit our ASU coverage page.
The ASU runs industry based campaigns to represent the interests of our members. These campaigns range from enterprise bargaining to equal pay to occupational health & safety. To find out more about industry based campaigns, visit the Industry home page. Other campaigns the ASU runs which relate to more than one industry can be found under the "Campaigns" menu above.