The ASU lodges submissions to national inquiries in the course of our work to ensure that the voice of our members is heard in all the relevant debates.
Parliamentary inquiries, investigations by the Productivity Commission, these can all shape how governments make policy decisions. To ensure our members' interests are taken into account we both lodge written submissions and attend hearings, sometimes with members as witnesses.
Below is a chronological list of submissions produced by the ASU. You can find our publications on our publications page.
Submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry into Natural Disaster Funding, 21 October 2014
Submission in response to the Productivity Commission’s Draft Report on Childcare and Early Childhood Learning, 5 September 2014
Joint Submission by ASU & FSU to the Senate Standing Committees on Economics Inquiry into Australia’s Innovation System, 31 July 2014
Submission to the Australian Senate Education and Employment Legislation Committee Inquiry into Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care Measures) Bill (No. 2) 2014, 25 July 2014.
Submission to the Senate Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee in relation to the Korea-Australia Free Trade Agreement (KAFTA), 1 July 2014
Submission to the Australian Government Dept of Social Services, Key Directions for the Commonwealth Home Support Programme Discussion Paper, 30 June 2014.
Submission to the Australian Senate Education and Employment Committee Inquiry into the Social Security Legislation Amendment (Green Army Programme) Bill 2014, April 2014.
Submission to two Senate Standing Committees on Education and Employment inquiries into child care (the same submission was lodged with both): The immediate future of the childcare sector in Australia AND The delivery of quality and affordable early childhood education and care services, 14 March 2014.
Submission to the Senate Economics Legislation Committee Inquiry into the Qantas Sale Amendment Bill 2014, 14 March 2014. The ASU also made representations to the Senate Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee Inquiry Qantas' future as a strong national carrier supporting jobs in Australia.
Submission to the Australian Government Department of Industry Energy White Paper 2014 - Issues Paper, 7 February 2014
Submission to the Productivity Commission Inquiry into Early Childhood Educators and Early Childhood Learning, 3 February 2014
Submission to Senate Select Committee of Inquiry into the Abbott Government’s Commission of Audit, 31 January 2014
Joint Submission by ASU & FSU to the Senate Finance and Public Administration Committee’s Inquiry into Commonwealth procurement procedures, 31 December 2013
Submission to Productivity Commission Inquiry into Public Infrastructure, 24 December 2013
Submission to National Commission of Audit, 26 November 2013
Submission to Senate Committee Inquiry into Early Years Quality Fund Special Account Bill 2013: A Bill for an Act to establish the Early Years Quality Fund Special Account, and for related purposes, 7 June 2013
Submission to Australian Government Review of the Paid Parental Leave (PPL) Scheme, 31 May 2013
Submission in support of SDA and ACTU submissions in Fair Work Commission Case: AM2012/196 - Application to Vary the General Retail Industry Award 2010 - Junior Rates, 14 May 2013
Submission to Australian Government Department of Infrastructure and Transport: Discussion Paper - Strengthening Australia’s Air Cargo Supply Chain, 2 May 2013
Submission to Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency (AWPA): ICT Workforce Issues Paper, 18 February 2013
Submission to Not-For-Profit Sector Tax Concession Working Group: Fairer, simpler and more effective tax concessions for the not-for-profit sector - Discussion Paper November 2012, 21 December 2012
Submission to Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee Inquiry into the Exposure Draft of the Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Bill 2012, 21 December 2012
Submission to Electricity Network Regulatory Frameworks, 23 November 2012.
Submission to Senate Committee Inquiry into Fair Work Amendment (Small Business – Penalty Rates Exemption) Bill 2012, 1 October 2012
Submission to Australian Government, House of Representatives Standing Committee on Education and Employment Inquiry into workplace 2012 Workplace Bullying Inquiry, 4 July 2012.
Submission to Australian Government, House of Representatives, House Standing Committee on Regional Australia Inquiry into the use of 'fly-in, fly-out' (FIFO/DIDO) workforce practices in regional Australia, 25 May 2012.
Submission to Australian Government, Department of Resources Energy and Tourism (RET) Draft Energy White Paper 2011 Consultation, April 2012
Submission to ACTU Inquiry into Insecure Work in Australia, 20 January 2012
- ASU Submission to the Expert Panel on Constitutional Recognition of Local Government, 4 November 2011
- Submission to Senate Inquiry Air Navigation and Civil Aviation Amendment (Aircraft Crew) Bill 2011; Qantas Sale Amendment (Still Call Australia Home) Bill 2011, 20 October 2011
- Submission to Productivity Commission Draft Research Report into the Early Childhood Development Workforce, 2 September 2011
- Submission to Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations National Quality Framework Regulations Exposure Draft (Child Care Industry), 18 April 2011
- Submission to Productivity Commission Economic Regulation of Airport Services Inquiry, 8 April 2011
- Submission to Productivity Commission Disability Care and Support Inquiry, 16 August 2010
- Submission to Senate Inquiry Ahead of the Game: Blueprint for the Reform of Australian Government Administration, 10 August 2010
- Submission to Senate Inquiry Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information) Bill 2009, 18 June 2010
- Submission to Senate Inquiry The Exposure Draft of the Paid Parental Leave Bill 2010, 14 May 2010
- Submission to Federal Government Inquiry into regional skills relocation, 16 April 2010
- Response to Federal Government's Draft Local Government Workforce Strategy - October 2009, 4 March 2010
- Submission to Productivity Commission Contribution of the Not for Profit Sector - Draft Report, 3 December 2009
- Submission to Parliamentary Joint Committee Adequacy of aviation and maritime security measures, 6 November 2009
- Submission to Productivity Commission Contribution of the Not for Profit Sector, 18 June 2009
- ASU-AWU-SDA-FSU Joint Submission to Treasury Reform of the Taxation of Employee Share Schemes, 12 June 2009
- Submission to Senate Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Inquiry into the DEEWR Tender Process to Award Employment Services Contracts, 28 May 2009
- Submission to Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development & Local Government - National Aviation Policy Green Paper, 27 February 2009
- Submission to Senate - Inquiry into the provision of child care, Jan 2009
- Submission to Treasury - Improving the integrity of Prescribed Private Funds (PPFs) Discussion Paper, 14 Jan 2009
2008 and earlier
- Submission to Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations - Draft National Employment Standards
- Submission to Senate Standing Committee on Education, Employment and Workplace Relations - Inquiry into the Workplace Relations Amendment (Transition to Forward with Fairness) Bill 2008
- Submission to Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme - Green Paper, 10 September 2008
- Submission to Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development & Local Government Issues Paper Towards a National Aviation Policy Statement, April 2008
- Submission to Federal Government Which Way Home? - A New Approach to Homelessness - Green Paper, 27 June 2008
- Submission to Infrastructure Australia, Private Public Partnerships, 15 October 2008
- ASU, CPSU & CEPU Submission - Senate Inquiry into the main economic and security challenges facing Papua New Guinea and the Island States of the Southwest Pacific, 27 August 2008
- ASU, CPSU & CEPU Submission - Senate Inquiry into Australias relationship with ASEAN, 27 August 2008
- ASU, CPSU & CEPU Submission - Inquiry into Australias trade and investment relations with Asia, the Pacific and Latin America, 29 September 2008
- Submission to Australian Bureau of Statistics' (ABS) Survey "Community Services Australia", May 2008
- Submission to Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, Not for Profit Organisations National Compact, 28 October 2008
- Submission to Senate Finance and Public Administration Committee Inquiry into Commonwealth Electoral Amendment (Democratic Plebiscites) Bill 2007
- Submission to Productivity Commission on Assessing Local Government Revenue Raising Capacity
- Productivity Commission - Waste Services Inquiry [not currently available]
- Submission to The House of Representatives Standing Committee on Employment, Workplace Relations and Workforce Participation Inquiry into Workforce Challenges in the Australian Tourism Sector, 8 Sept 2006
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC) National Inquiry into Discrimination against People in Same-Sex Relationships: Financial and Work-Related Entitlements and Benefits, 2006