Growing the union & mentoring new leaders, Kerry Fairlie wins ASU National Delegate of the Year 201618 November 2016
- 17 November 2016
- 16 November 2016
- 19 November 2014
- 17 November 2014
National Conference 2012
The biennial ASU National Conference was held in 2012 in Adelaide from Monday, November 26 to Wednesday, November 28 at the National Wine Centre. The theme was "union-ready, future-ready".
- Welcome Reception will be held on the evening of Monday 26 November at the National Wine Centre. Sponsored by AustralianSuper.
- Women's Lunch, Tuesday 27 November at the National Wine Centre. Sponsored by ME Bank.
- Conference Dinner will be held on the evening of Tuesday 27 November at the Adelaide Town Hall. Sponsored by Hesta Super Fund.
- National ASU Delegate of the Year presentation (see names of nominees below). Sponsored by Government Skills Australia.
- Life Membership presentations (see names of recipients below).
- The Hon Jay Weatherill MP, Premier of South Australia
- Paul Schroder, AustralianSuper
- Tim Lyons, ACTU
- Debby Blakey, HESTA Super Fund
- Deputy President Peter Sams AM, Fair Work Australia
- Josh Bornstein, Maurice Blackburn
- Dr Anne Summers AO [read about Dr Summers' speech here: Are we serious about equality?]
- Benjie Velasco, Philippine Airlines Employees Association (PALEA)
- Dave Oliver, ACTU Secretary
- Dr Joanna Howe, University of Adelaide
- Commissioner Peter Hampton, FWA
- Dr Iain Campbell, RMIT University
- Professor Barbara Pocock, University of South Australia
- Dave Garland, National Union of Workers
Following are the key presentations to be made at the National Conference.
- Equal Pay Campaign & Offshoring address - Linda White
- Superannuation Panel - David Smith
- Industrial Relations Panel - Greg McLean
- Workshop - Unfair Dismissals & FWA Dispute Resolution Procedure - Michael Rizzo
- Workshop - Insecure Work & Pressures of Modern Work - Warren Fridell
- Workshop - Bargaining in a Hostile Environment - Justin Cooney
Kristen Gilbertson, SA&NT Branch, Alexandrina Council [read about the presentation]
Zoé Kennedy, C&SQ C&A Branch, Mater Hospital Brisbane
Anne Watt, QLD (S&NA) Branch, Gold Coast City Council
David Scott, NSW US Branch, Upper Lachlan Shire Council
Maree McDermott, NSW&ACT (Services) Branch, Nepean Community & Neighbourhood Services
Michael Vallis, VIC&TAS A&S Branch, Banyule City Council
Carolyn Cassar, VIC PS Branch, Jetstar
Andy White, WA Branch, City of Greater Geraldton
Mary-Anne O'Neill, C&SQ C&A Branch
Linden Scotts, NSW US Branch (USU)
Paul Slape, VIC&TAS A&S Branch
Barry O'Brien, WA Branch
Keith Harvey, VIC PS Branch
Maxine Winkley, SA & NT Branch
Our generous sponsors