Australian Services Union Online Communities
Thanks for being part of the Australian Services Union (ASU) online community.
This ASU space on a third-party platform provides an opportunity to share ideas and engage with others through the ASU social media channels.
All users are required to treat each other with respect and courtesy. As unionists, we stand for safety, we respect each other, and we will always fight for equality and fairness.
In engaging with the Australian Services Union social media, you understand and agree the ASU has ultimate editorial control over all its social media channels. The ASU may edit, remove, or exercise its discretion not to accept or publish your contribution. This includes decisions that we take for legal, editorial, or operational reasons including if we consider it to be:
- defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or that it violates laws regarding harassment, discrimination, racial vilification, privacy, or contempt. The Australian Services Union reserves the right to close comments on posts that may elicit harmful, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful user contributions
- intentionally false or misleading
- an infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright
- abusive, offensive, or obscene
- racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or discriminatory
- inappropriate, off topic, repetitive or vexatious. The ASU also reserves the right to reject contributions from participants who seek to dominate the discussion
- compromising the privacy or safety of any person or containing inappropriate personal information
- seeking to endorse commercial products or services
- seeking to directly solicit donations
- deliberate provocation of other community members, or
- impersonating someone else and/or posting on behalf of a suspended member.