The ASU is happy to report that 95% of all employees that voted during the EBA ballot voted in favour of the new EBA. This is fantastic news and locks in all of your current conditions for another 3 years as well as delivering a variety of improvements.
What happens next?
The EBA will be lodged in the Fair Work Commission for approval; hopefully the approval process will not take too long. We will update you as soon as it is approved.
Once approved in the FWC you will receive a 2% pay increase as well as the One Team reward payment.
Additionally you will have access to a greater array of Australia Post policies including but not limited to, Family and domestic violence leave and support processes, parental leave policy as well as a variety of other policies.
So, what’s in the new EBA?
- 3 year agreement,
- 6% pay increase delivering a guaranteed 2% each year,
- Maintenance of existing conditions, including;
- 12% Superannuation,
- Penalty Rates,
- Hours of work,
- and much more
- Keep all relevant allowances which will also increase over the life of EBA
- Maintain former wages and allowances from the On Airport Business Development Agreement (AaE/ASU) 2011
- Family and domestic violence leave
- 14 weeks paid parental leave at the commencement of your leave.
- An annual reward payment of an additional 1% (or $250) whichever is greater
Not an ASU member?
Firstly, you should find an ASU member and thank them for your pay rise and above industry EBA terms and conditions that you enjoy. Without people being ASU members you certainly would not enjoy the conditions that you currently have.
Don’t you think it’s only fair that you should contribute by joining the union like the rest of your workmates who delivered these conditions to you?
If you’re not a member of the ASU, you can join online now at our secure form: www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
You have any questions about any of the above, contact your local organiser (download the full bulletin below for details)