Maurice Blackburn and the ASU are pleased to announce that we have reached an in principle agreement on the terms of a new Enterprise Agreement.
The ASU will proceed to hold members' meetings later this week and the intention is to hold a formal employee ballot in around 3 weeks' time.
The new Agreement will be largely the same as the current Agreement with some key updates as follows:
- The Agreement will run for a 12 month period;
- With effect from 1 October 2020, there will be a 2.75% pay rise for all employees under the salary threshold of $116,996.02;
- All full time employees in Queensland, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Reservoir (Vic) and Geelong (Vic) who worked a full time 37.5 hour working week under the terms of the Maurice Blackburn Employees Agreement 2016 will move to a full time 35 hour working week with no reduction in pay;
- Employees may elect to substitute the next working day following Easter Monday (usually Easter Tuesday) for the Australia Day public holiday; and
- The firm will retain its current approach to Christmas closure leave but will refer to it as Annual Shutdown Leave. The dates of the office closure have been confirmed as Thursday 24th, Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st December 2020.
More information on the above points will be provided in due course.
Thank you to the ASU and MB bargaining team for their hard work on this process.