With a majority of 76% of voters approving the agreement it has been given the green light. Parties involved will now commence lodgement with the Fair Work Commission to get the agreement approved and in effect.
There has been quite a backlog of agreements in the commission of late and it has generally been many months before agreements have been approved and become effective. Until the FWC has signed off on the new agreement the provisions of the old agreement will stay in place.
The union will keep our members updated as the process continues.
A summary of the new agreement is below:
- A rollover of the majority of the current agreement
- 4 year agreement term from 1/7/17 – 30/6/21
- Probation reviews changed to 3 and 6 months
- Shift giveaways of 1 per fortnight for Sydney Airport staff, as per previous memo
- Recognition of service and experience through the inclusion of senior roles for eligible contact centre and customer service officers
- Annual wage increase of a minimum 2.5% up to 3.0% indexed to CPI
For more information, please get in touch with the relevant contact download the full bulletin here) REX Bulletin, 24 August 2018