Back pay and pay increases on the way.
After 4 months of waiting the Fair Work Commission has finally approved your new EBA.
The Union will follow up with dnata to confirm the date that the 4% of pay increases will be applied as well as the backpay owed all the way back to July 2017.
It is our expectation that these payments be expedited and paid to you as soon as possible.
Once the dates are confirmed we will let you know when to expect the payments.
A good outcome!
It’s important to remember that the EBA is as good as it is because of union members and the union.
Without union members;
- AHSA would be in place with a second rate EBA;
- there would be no new EBA or pay increases for dnata employees;
- you would have no job security.
Summary of EBA outcome
As a reminder below are some of the improvements in your new EBA:
- All your current conditions have been maintained or improved, no one has lost anything;
- There are many significant improvements;
- Protection from the use of AHSA;
- No permanent B rates of pay for new starters;
- Pay increases that average 2.75% a year with the first two 2% increases paid together;
- Another 4% increase in July 2019;
- A years’ worth of back pay for all hours worked since 1 July 2017;
- Increase in superannuation to 10%;
- Improved Redundancy Provisions;
- All required employees will be directly and permanently employed;
- Casuals and labour hire can only be used as genuine supplementary labour;
- Permanent employees will be offered additional hours and or longer shifts before an ad-hoc casual is called in to cover a shift;
- Flight Clerks correctly classified;
- More accurate clerical classification structure for Cargo.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions about the proposed Agreement please contact your local ASU organiser or delegate: (download the full bulletin below for details) dnata bulletin - 2 August 2018