Convened by the Australian Services Union - SA&NT Branch, SA Unions and the ACTU, the Seminar will discuss union good practice for preventing and responding to workplace bullying and seek to identify possible ongoing priorities.
Participation is invited from industrial and health and safety officials/officers who are interested in union policy and practice in this area.
The Seminar will discuss:
- good practice – what works to prevent or respond to workplace bullying
- identify the gaps – what could we do better
- impact of the new Commonwealth Fair Work Act jurisdiction
- making the case – the role of research and policy
Guest presenters include
- the Hon Amanda Rishworth MP, former Chair of the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Education and Employment ( which produced the October 2012 report Workplace Bullying: We just want it to stop)
- Commissioner Peter Hampton of the Australian Fair Work Commission
- Prof Maureen Dollard and Dr Michelle Tuckey (Centre for Applied Psychological Research, University of South Australia)
Venue: Australian Services Union, 5-9 Rundle Street Kent Town
Date + time: Tuesday 16 September 2014 (9.30 am to 4.30pm)
Cost of Seminar: $20.00 to cover lunch and other basics
Registration: Note: participant numbers are limited, so please register as soon as possible to secure a place. Please email Gail Dean at email@example.com about the seminar agenda or for registration and other practical matters.
The Seminar is a precursor event to the International Congress of Occupational Health, Work Organization and Psychosocial Factors (Adelaide Convention Centre, 17 – 19 September 2014) www.unisa.edu.au/ICOHcongress
Congress registration is available at a special rate to Seminar participants. Please contact Alan Fairley at the ASU if you want to take up this option - firstname.lastname@example.org