Today the ASU has written to Qantas CEO Alan Joyce making the case for why ASU members covered by the following Enterprise Agreements are entitled to the 2018 record result bonus:
- Australian Services Union (Qantas Airways Ltd) Agreement 11
- Australian Services Union – Australian Air Express Agreement 2015
- Eastern Australian Airlines Pty Ltd and Australian Services Union Agreement 2016 (Group 1)
- Eastern Australian Airlines Pty Ltd Group 2 Ground Staff Agreement 2016
- Qantas Airways Limited (Technical Salaried Staff) Enterprise Agreement 10
ASU members join other unions and the Australian Council of Trade Unions in saying squarely to Qantas that we have earned the bonus and should be paid the bonus and not to do so is in contravention of s340 of the Fair Work Act which establishes Workplace Rights.
We have given Qantas until 3rd April 2019 to respond. If the company continue to refuse to pay the 2018 bonus to hard working loyal ASU members then we will have to consider our next steps which may well include legal action.
Already members have rallied, signed petitions, been to the AGM and told Qantas Group managers at every opportunity what they think about this unfairness but Qantas management has ignored us. We deserve better than this as we earned this bonus and should not be held to ransom.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions contact your local ASU delegate or organiser(download the bulletin here) Qantas Group Bulletin - 27 March 2019