ASU members at ports throughout the country overwhelmingly endorsed our claim for Jetstar EBA 5. The claim was developed after extensive consultation with our members and other staff at Jetstar through surveys and feedback from delegates. Today our claim will be served on Jetstar management and our Respect us Respect our Work EBA5 Campaign begins.
What was endorsed?
The Claim is a comprehensive set of issues that reflect the significant contribution that ASU members make to every aspect of Jetstar's operation. Some of the claims are:
- 5% pay rise per annum
- Increase EBA allowances
- Increase the company superannuation contribution to 15%
- Ensure the job security of Jetstar employees by providing that contractors are paid the same rates and conditions
- Ensure the job security of Jetstar employees by providing for consultation and agreement about the use of temporary, casual and fixed term employees
- Provide for conversion for part-time workers to full-time
- Improve classification structure to reflect the current skills for particular jobs, including the insertion of increments for years of service
- Provide for the establishment of a rostering committee in each location
- Increase minimum part-time hours in all locations to either 20 or 25 hours
Jetstar bargaining representative notice
Under the Fair Work Act Jetstar is required to provide all employees who are to be covered by a proposed EBA with a letter outlining your rights. Jetstar has just sent out these letters to staff.
Negotiators of EBAs are called "bargaining representatives" under the new Fair Work Act.
Members of the ASU do not have to do anything about the appointment of a bargaining representative - the ASU is automatically your bargaining representative and the ASU National Negotiating Team made up of ASU delegates and officials will conduct the negotiations for ASU members. Now is the time for non ASU members to join the ASU so you can be represented by our experienced team. You can join online at www.asu.asn.au/asujoin
The National Negotiating Team (NNT) is meeting with Jetstar management on 18th September 2013 to commence negotiations. Our NNT is from a cross section of locations. Watch out for a special information document about our NNT which will shortly be available on our campaign website www.asu.asn.au/airlines/jetstareba5.
Our NNT is (download the full bulletin below for details).
They will also be assisting with providing updates on how negotiations are progressing. We hope to meet management on a fortnightly basis after our first meeting.
Watch out for our regular bulletins on progress which will be available on our website.
Need more information?
For more information check out the campaign page at www.asu.asn.au/airlines/jetstareba5.
You can also follow the campaign on Twitter at twitter.com/ASUairlines or twitter.com/ASUnion Otherwise get in touch with your local ASU organiser or delegate (download the full bulletin below for details).