On Monday 16 July 2018 the Fair Work Commission approved your new enterprise agreement. This means it will come into force on Monday 23 July 2018.
Pay increase and Backpay
Your pay will increase to the new 2018 rates on Sunday 29 July (which will show up in your pay on Wednesday 15 August). However, you will also be paid backpay – 2.25% for the period from July 2017, and an additional 2.5% for July 2018. You will receive this backpay in your pay on Wednesday 15 August 2018.
Your next pay increase will be a further 2.75% on 1 July 2019.
ROS Days will be abolished under the new agreement. This will happen from the roster cycle that starts on 8 October 2018. Instead of working ROS days, full time employees will work 1 8hr50min shift each 6 day cycle.
Part time minimum hours
Part time employees are now guaranteed a minimum 25 hours a week (24 for solely international workers). This will take effect on 8 October 2018.
What about other changes?
All other changes in the Agreement will now take effect, including:
- 105 part time employees converted to full time over the life of the agreement (ASU will be consulted on where these jobs are, and will communicate with members along the way)
- Right to request a year career break
- A new National Consultative Committee where your ASU representatives will be able to continue discussions on improving workplace conditions like fair use of chronologies
- Fairer job selection procedure
- Fairer annual leave approval process
- Access to up 10 days family violence leave a year
- Some changes to Personal/Carers Leave:
- Currently, the entitlement is 13 days in first year of employment, and 18 days in each year thereafter (includes compassionate leave and emergency leave)
- New entitlement will be 13 days in first year of employment, and 16 days in each year thereafter. 2 days (or 3 if you need to travel over 400km) compassionate leave per occasion, as well as 3 days of emergency leave (used for domestic emergencies you need to attend to) will be on top.
If you have any queries, you can contact your local organiser Download the full bulletin here) Virgin Australia Bulletin # 20 - 17 July 2018